We are a management consulting firm composed of senior professionals with significant depth and expertise in business leadership, strategy, and growth. A concentrated dose of guidance can have a large ripple effect in an organization, in our experience.
Ripplecreek clients range from larger companies to early-stage ventures. Our expertise is helping life-science and internet-based businesses. Ripplecreek clients are typically senior/C-level executives and boards. We are frequently engaged to:
- evaluate new business opportunities,
- perform M&A analysis,
- develop growth strategies,
- create marketing plans,
- conduct business and strategic planning, and
- assist in fundraising.
Selectively, we invest in the best of early-stage businesses as angels.
Please let us know if you would like to learn more, by sending us an email to “info” at our website url or using the contact form link to the left.
Ripplecreek Partners is based outside of Boston, with clients in the US and Europe.
We welcome your inquiries, re-connections, and suggestions.Read More
Ripplecreek Partners is a management consulting firm composed of senior professionals with significant depth and expertise in business leadership, strategy, and growth. We have decades of experience in the life science (pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and diagnostics) and technology (software, Internet) fields in the areas of executive management, commercial and strategic planning, fundraising, and new business development.
Having led businesses and held the titles of Chairman, President, CEO, and General Manager, we have sat in our clients’ seats – literally. We appreciate and understand the challenges and complexity that managements face in making critical business decisions. We also understand the importance of working across organizations to get critical work done.
QUALITY INDEPENDENT ANALYSIS
We have a strong reputation for providing high-quality independent analysis that is consistently recognized as credible by Boards and Shareholders for critical decision making. We work with our clients to develop actionable insights and recommendations. In many cases we work with management in follow-on projects to implement them.
STRATEGIC ADVISORY EXPERIENCE
Ripplecreek clients range from larger companies to early-stage ventures. Our expertise is helping life-science and internet-based businesses. Ripplecreek clients are typically senior or C-level executives and boards. We are frequently engaged to:
- evaluate new business opportunities
- perform M&A analysis
- develop growth strategies
- create marketing plans
- perform market segmentation analysis
- conduct business and strategic planning and
- assist in fund raising.
ROBUST, RESULTS ORIENTED PROCESS
We consistently deliver high quality, action oriented results to clients, which range from Global 50 companies to emerging technology firms. We help our clients achieve their goals by using a robust analytical approach in a timely, cost effective manner.Read More
Life Science Practice
Life Science innovation needs analysis, targeting, and planning to be successful commercially. Ripplecreek Partners helps entrepreneurs and “intrapreneurs” succeed.
SELECTED LIFE SCIENCE ENGAGEMENTS
- Conducted market assessment, account segmentation, and targeting of U.S. customer organizations for new key account management division within Global 50 pharmaceutical company
- Performed global business assessment, deal negotiation and completion, and worldwide launch of clinical molecular diagnostics business for publicly traded life science tools company in $2 Billion market; included channel management and reimbursement assessments
- Analyzed investment and company formation opportunities in pharmaceuticals, devices, and diagnostics for a large, well-known venture capital firm with a significant intellectual property portfolio
- Performed cost saving assessment and payor strategy for a novel oncology drug for an emerging biotechnology company
- Developed comprehensive U.S. database of providers of health & wellness and educational services to older (e.g., baby boom) populations to support emerging technology company.
- Evaluated a software based technology platform for a client in the mental health field, and conducted market, regulatory and intellectual property assessment and recommended strategies in all three areas.
RIPPLECREEK PARTNERS LIFE SCIENCE PRACTICE
Dan Rippy is Managing Partner for Ripplecreek Partners’ life science practice. He has broad experience in company leadership, business development, clinical trials, commercial operations, fundraising, financial management, market and customer analysis, reimbursement, and strategic planning.
Dan has closed life science deals with an aggregate value of over $1 billion. Prior to Ripplecreek, Dan was President & CEO of Allegro Diagnostics, an oncology molecular diagnostics company, where he secured venture investment and competitive NIH grants, launched global clinical trials, and obtained an IDE from FDA. Previously, Dan headed business development for DFB Pharmaceuticals, a $350 million business with five pharmaceutical divisions in dermatology, wound care, surgery, oncology, and contract manufacturing. Earlier, Dan was CEO of Macrocyclics, a profitable oncology drug development firm, which sold to Areva-Med. Dan also worked in business development with Johnson & Johnson and Bristol-Myers Squibb. Dan has experience within all major life science sectors: pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and diagnostics.
Dan has an M.B.A. from Columbia Business School, an S.M. from the Harvard-M.I.T. Division of Health Science and Technology, and a B.A. cum laude from Macalester College.
Technology leadership requires charting new paths, while understanding the fastest ways to execute. Ripplecreek Partners helps entrepreneurs succeed efficiently and effectively.
SELECTED TECHNOLOGY ENGAGEMENTS
- Managed board and executives as active Chairman of venture-backed software company. Hired world-class executives during tenure: CEO, VP Marketing, CFO, CMO/COO, President. Shaped customer target transition, dramatic ASP improvement, and multiple changes to significantly improve the company’s strategic and competitive position.
- Led wholesale repositioning of 12 year old IT service business to innovative mobile product company. Revamped all marketing and positioning. Initiated and drove coverage and visibility by top-tier technology analyst firms. Drove fundraising and eventual sale to IPO-track technology firm.
- Coached first-time CEO through first phases of innovative social media business. Helped with fundraising, securing large seed round and also top-tier Series A fundraising. Advised CEO on product planning, hiring, investor and board relations.
- Facilitated strategic planning session for children’s software and financial product teams. Result focused executives on highest-value product initiatives and priorities.
RIPPLECREEK PARTNERS TECHNOLOGY PRACTICE
Laura Rippy is Managing Partner for Ripplecreek Partners’ technology practice. As a former startup CEO and executive at Microsoft, she is a hands-on, motivational leader.
Previously, Laura Rippy was CEO of Handango, the original mobile app store. Under her leadership, Handango grew revenues to $38 million, achieved profitability, partnered with all the major leaders of the mobile world including Palm, Microsoft, Nokia, Motorola, ATT, Verizon, T-Mobile, and Sprint, reached the Inc. 500, and received awards for the Best Place to Work in DFW. At Microsoft, Laura held a series of marketing and executive positions over 6+ years for three products, MSN HomeAdvisor, Sidewalk.com, and Kid’s Creativity. Lastly, for Microsoft’s Dallas office, Laura led strategic solutions sales of SQL Server and developer tools for Microsoft’s enterprise customers. Laura has experience across many technology sectors: mobile, consumer, internet, SaaS, cloud-based, marketing and enterprise software.
Laura has an M.B.A. from Harvard Business School, a B.A. from Dartmouth College.Read More